Review instructions for ePermit registration, pdf file naming requirements, and applying through the ePermit portal prior to applying for permit. See ePermits, How do I.... click here
IMPORTANT: Electronic submittal document files are required to be named appropriately to ensure efficient permit processing. Review Naming Submittal Documents prior to starting ePermit process to ensure all files are labeled appropriately. See all related ePermit submittal and resubmittal requirements to help avoid delays in processing.
Required Submittals - Documents required to be uploaded into ePermit portal at the time of application. Applications with incomplete submittals will be rejected and delayed. Project address shall be displayed on all submittal documents, forms and drawings. Applications with incomplete submittals will be delayed.
All documents must be flattened, scanned or printed and unlocked in pdf format. Open fillable forms or documents with open control points cannot be accepted.
- Township Approval Form (PDF) - Use form to determine if township approval is required for project location. Submit completed form with township approval signature if applicable. Do not upload if not required.
- New Home Checklist (PDF) - Initial each item indicating the document is being included in submittals and upload signed checklist
- Site Plan – must include the following:
- Location and size of proposed building
- Location of other structures, property lines, septic tanks, septic drain field, well and any wetlands
- Location of any gas, plumbing, or electrical piping in the vicinity of construction
- Distances from the proposed building to all other structures, property lines, and utilities
- Building Plans- Complete set of plans including structural and braced wall design, floor layout, cross sections, elevations and energy.Per MN Rules 1300, plans shall be dimensioned and drawn upon suitable material. Complete set of plans including structural and braced wall design, floor layout, cross sections, elevations, and energy. Plans shall be uploaded as one multipage complete set (not individual sheets), individual sheet uploads will not be accepted. The following details shall be identified on all Manufactured/Modular Home plans :
- All Dimensions
- Footing and foundations sizes with all bar placement details on foundation page. Include the type, location, and details of anchoring system.
- Modular Homes include all header and beam sizes at all locations for site constructed structural walls.
- Wall bracing design required for new site constructed exterior walls. Wall bracing design shall be in accordance with R602.10 shall be designed by a MN Licensed Structural Engineer or provide complete design including braced wall lines, size/location of panels, method of bracing and calculations.
- Specifications - Manufacturer's specifications for installation of the home as well as product installation specifications if any materials, fasteners, or anchors require specific manufacturers’ specifications for installation
- Erosion and Sediment Control Agreement (PDF)- Complete Erosion & Sediment Control General Notes for Building Permits form, Signed Building Permit Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC) Escrow Agreement form.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans must include the following details: survey or other accurately- scaled drawing showing the location of the proposed structure, direction of water flow, location of perimeter control, how the site will be permanently stabilized and other requirements that are on the Erosion Control Agreement. For new structures, also include: low floor elevations, limits of grading / construction area, and location of rock entrance. Questions regarding erosion and sediment control designs and requirements shall be directed to Scott Soil and Water Conservation District at: https://www.scottswcd.org/
- Septic Design - consist of: Septic Application (PDF) , Site plan/drawing, design sheets, elevations, soil logs, perc tests, and signed management plan. For septic related questions, contact Scott County Environmental Services https://www.scottcountymn.gov/491/Environmental-Services
- Driveway Permit - For driveways off a County road, refer to the Scott County Driveway Permit link click here to access information regarding requirements for County Driveway Permits. Scott County does not permit for the State or Township, only the County. Please refer to the State and Townships regarding state or township roads.
Note: Separate permits are required for plumbing, mechanical and sewer installations through Scott County ePermit portal.
The property owner occupying the dwelling may obtain the plumbing, sewer and mechanical permit if they are completing the installations. If the work is not being completed by the occupying property owner, plumbing and mechanical permits shall be applied for by the MN Licensed Plumbing contractor and MN Bonded Mechanical Contractor. Sewer by a MN Licensed Plumbing contractor or MN Certified Pipe Layer.
Electrical permit shall be obtained by installing contractor or installing property owner, through MN Department of Labor and Industry Electrical Division