The Scott County Sheriff’s Office is collaborating with local retailers and organizations that sell alcoholic beverages by offering free Alcohol Awareness/Compliance Server Training to ensure the safety of our residents and visitors.
This training is designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving, and underage drinking by giving employees/employers who serve alcohol the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related issues, including:
- Specific laws that regulate selling or serving to minors and intoxicated people
- The effects of alcohol on customers
- The correct way to check IDs and prevent the sale of alcohol to minors or individuals with expired identification or alcohol restrictions
- How and why to refuse the sale of alcohol in specific situations
- How to protect themselves and their employer from liability
The Sheriff’s Office encourages all Scott County businesses that sell alcoholic beverages on-sale, off-sale or both, have their staff participate in this training.
TRAINING SESSION INFO: May 24, 2022 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the SCALE Regional Training Facility, 17681 Valley View Dr, Jordan, MN
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.scottcountymn.gov/Sheriff and click “Community” then “Community Programs” or visit https://www.scottcountymn.gov/1914/Alcohol-AwarenessCompliance-Server-Train
To register to attend this FREE training, please complete and submit this online form (also available on our website): https://www.scottcountymn.gov/FormCenter/Sheriffs-Office-8/Alcohol-AwarenessCompliance-Server-Train-220
If you have questions, please contact Community Engagement Deputy Amy Lueck at 952-496-88862 or email@example.com.