In the Library
Scott County Library has more than just books - we offer a wide variety of services. Most in-library services are modified at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. See service modifications below.
Computers & Technology Services
- Use a Computer: All Scott County Libraries have Internet computers connected to printers. You may sign on to a computer with your library card and PIN or ask for a guest pass. At this time, computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes when busy, 90 minutes maximum. Call ahead for availability.
- WiFi: Free public guest WiFi is available in all libraries.
- Printing: Print up to 10 free pages in Black & White, no library card required.
- Have you heard about Curbside printing? Submit and pick up a print job without ever needing to leave your car! We'll print anything you need, up to 10 pages and in Black & White. Use our Curbside Pickup page to submit a link or a file for us to print. If you need assistance, contact your Library.
- Scanning: Scanners are available in all Scott County Libraries. Bring a USB drive to save your file, or you can email it.
- Photocopying: All libraries have self-service photocopiers. You may copy up to 10 pages in Black & White or Color for free.
Meeting Rooms & Study Rooms (Temporarily Unavailable)
Free public meeting rooms are available in all of our libraries. You can reserve any Scott County Library meeting room online using our reservation system. You'll receive an email confirmation if your request is approved. Read more about reserving a room on our Meeting Rooms page. Our full Meeting Room Policy is available for you to read.
Most libraries also have study rooms suitable for one or two people available on a first come, first served basis. Larger study groups should consider reserving a meeting room. Study space, with electrical outlets, is also available outside of the rooms.
Microfilm Readers (Copies Available by Request)
Microfilm readers are available at the New Prague and Shakopee Libraries. Copies are $0.50 per page. Please contact New Prague or Shakopee for more information.