VSQG - Small Business Hazardous Waste Management
About the Program
Does your small business need easy, convenient, and affordable way to properly dispose of your hazardous waste? We can help! Small business owners in Scott County who generate small amounts of waste can take advantage of a special program available through the Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Avoid struggling with confusing regulatory compliance, and/or safe and proper management of your hazardous business wastes.
If your business or organization generates less than 220 pounds (22 gallons) of hazardous waste per month, it qualifies as a VSQG (very small quantity generator). This means you can bring your materials to the Scott County VSQG Program for affordable management and disposal.
Please note that depending on the type of hazardous wastes your business or organization wishes to dispose of, you will be required to have or applied for a HW ID#, and be licensed as a Hazardous Waste generator in Scott County.
Required Forms & Resources
- VSQG Application Form (PDF) - Make sure to complete before scheduling an appointment. You will need to upload a completed application when you make the appointment.
- VSQG Disposal Drop-off Appointment Scheduler Link - Waste will not be accepted without a previously scheduled appointment with uploaded documentation attached.
- Small Business Disposal Fees List - See what types of waste we accept and their cost.
Simply follow our easy process:
- Identify and quantify your wastes. Download and complete the VSQG Application Form (PDF) and gather any Safety Data Sheets (SDS) if they are available. See the Small Business Disposal Fees list to see the types of waste we accept and their cost.
- Schedule drop-off appointment: VSQG Disposal Drop-off Appointment Scheduler. Business appointments are available on the first Tuesday of each month (except on holidays). The appointment system will require you to upload your completed VSQG Application Form and any available SDS sheets in PDF format.
- We will review your appointment submission and contact you if additional information is required. Depending on the wastes you are transporting, shipping papers may be required. Once we receive your application and SDS sheets, we will review the wastes and contact you if shipping papers are required. We will prepare the shipping papers for you and send them to you prior to your appointment.
- Deliver your waste to the Scott County HHW Facility, which is located at:
Scott County VSQG Collection Program
588 Country Trail East (Highway 282)
Jordan, MN 55352