Non Emergency Medical Assistance
SmartLink Mobility Management team provides mileage reimbursement and medical assistance rides for residents of Scott and Carver counties who are eligible for medical assistance transportation benefits. If you currently receive Medical Assistance benefits you may qualify for reimbursement of transportation costs if you meet the following qualifications:
- You have a current Medical Assistance Program certification number and meet eligibility requirements.
- The trip is a medical necessity.
- You have reserved the trip with SmartLink Mobility Management up to 14 business days in advance.
- You have completed the necessary forms and submitted to SmartLink.
Directions: Receive Reimbursement
To receive reimbursement, please follow these steps:
- Call SmartLink Customer Service line at 952-496-8341 ext 2 and give the agent the following information:
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- Medical Assistance Number
- Home Address
- Prior to going to your medical appointments, notify agent of the dates, times and locations of your medical appointments. The Customer Service Agent will give you authorization numbers for the trip and tell you the approved mileage.
- Use the Medical Assistance Expense Reimbursement form to record all the information about your appointment and have the doctor or clinic sign or stamp the form in order to verify your attendance at the appointment. Attach any parking receipts or reimbursable meal receipts to the form. The MA Reimbursement Form (PDF) can be downloaded online or they can be mailed to you if you call 952-496-8341 ext 2
- Mail, Fax or Scan the reimbursement form to SmartLink and you will receive a reimbursement check within 30 days from the day SmartLink receives the form. The SmartLink fax number is 952-279-6110 and email is email@example.com