Off-highway Vehicles (OHV, ATV, OHM)

Status Update – 07/01/2021

Currently we are operating on a hybrid customer service model. What does that mean? At this time, all driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to have an appointment for service.  This includes renewals, duplicates for an address or name change, lost or stolen licenses, and upgrades to Real or Enhanced DL/IDs. Upgrades to Real ID or Enhanced ID do require additional documentation.

All other services such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates (along with additional deputy registrar services) can be processed by one of the following methods: 

  • Standby service: add your name to our standby list either from home or once you are in the building. Our system will inform you of your place in line. Availability is subject to current capacity limits and you must be in the building when your name is called in order to be served. Add your name to our standby list (starts daily at 8am)
  • Via drop box (located in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues) or mail.  Please ensure that all transactions have a phone number enclosed. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.

Questions? Call or reach out to us via email at We have staff ready and available to answer your questions from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.

Construction update 05/05/2021:

We have moved to our temporary location. Please use the map below to find places to park.

(*note – the drop box is located in the circular driveway off of Atwood St beginning.)


OHVs legally registered in another state or country, and not in Minnesota for more than 30 days, are NOT required to purchase a Minnesota registration. If your state does not require a registration, you will need a Minnesota registration.

Minnesota Off-highway Vehicle Guide


Application Process


New Registration

Complete the Universal Registration Form.

Bring Sales receipt showing you have paid the sales tax.

Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Renew Registration

Bring renewal reminder, registration card or picture ID. 

Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Transfer Registration

Bring signed registration card from the seller and / or bill of sale with live signatures and complete information about the vehicle. This includes the DNR registration number, make, model, and engine size.

 Apply in person at our Customer Service Center. Click here to get on the standby list

Duplicate decal or registration card

The owner of the vehicle must be present and have valid identification.


 Please go to Minnesota DNR fee schedule for current prices.

You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.