SHIP Healthy Communities
Scott County Public Health works in partnership with communities, schools, work sites and health care organizations to help make the healthy choice, the easy choice for all residents.
As one of the recipients of the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) grant, Scott County Public Health works in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health and local community partners to provide resources for individuals and groups to improve their health.
SHIP Partners to Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
SHIP works on a variety of strategies in settings across the county to implement policy, systems, and environmental changes. These include:
- Active Living in the Community
- Healthy Eating and Active Living in Schools
- Advanced Community and Clinical Linkages
- Healthy Eating in the Community
- Worksite Wellness
Past SHIP Projects
Scott County Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) grant applications for 2022-2023 are now open!
SHIP supports community-driven solutions to expand opportunities for active living, healthy eating, and commercial tobacco-free living -- helping all people in Minnesota prevent chronic diseases including cancer, heart disease, stroke, and type II diabetes. Requests for funding are due by December 31, 2022. Applications submitted after this date will still be reviewed and could be awarded based on funding availability and timeline.
If you have any specific questions about the application, please email Haley Miskowiec at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Scott Go Resource
Interested in finding healthy eating and physical activity opportunities here in Scott County? Find various community resources including local farmers markets, community gardens, food shelves, parks & trails and community centers near you with Go Scott Go! You can search by address or use the legend to find a specific resource.
- 2022 Scott County Farmers Markets (PDF)
- 2022 Scott County Farmers Markets - Spanish (PDF)
- Stay Healthy During COVID-19 (PDF)
- School and Community Garden Guidance During COVID-19 (PDF)
- E-cigarettes and Other Vaping Products
- School Toolkit for E-cigarette Use Prevention and Cessation
- Implement Curriculum to Meet New State Requirements around Tobacco
- Implement My Life, My Quit as an Alternative to Suspension
Shakopee Community Garden
Shakopee Community Garden is now located at: 10th Ave E & Main St, Shakopee, MN 55379. We are now accepting applications for garden plots for the 2022 growing season! Download and submit application below to reserve your plot.
- Shakopee Community Garden Application (DOC)
- Contact Casey Steciw for questions: email@example.com
- Location: 10th Ave E & Main Street, Shakopee, MN 55379
- Gardeners can apply for either a 4x4 plot: $15 or 4x8 plot: $30
- Scholarships are available
- Garden tools, shed, and water source on site
- Seeds and starter plans will be available free of cost
Community gardens offer opportunities to provide healthier options, develop skills, and foster a sense of community. Backstretch Gardens (now Shakopee Community Garden) started harvesting in 2016 and stemmed from a strong partnership with SHIP, CAP Agency, City of Shakopee, Southwest Metro Intermediate District and Canterbury Park.