Medical Reserve Corps of Scott County
The mission of the Scott County Medical Reserve Corps is to allow local volunteers to contribute their skills and expertise throughout the year as well as during times of community need. Volunteer’s professional knowledge and skills are vital to the communities, families, friends and neighborhoods of Scott County. In times of need, volunteers can help Scott County in its goal to have Safe, Healthy, and Livable Communities.
Scott County MRC volunteers currently assist the Scott County Public Health Department with weekly immunization clinics, mobile health clinic and clerical office support. In the past, they have assisted with COVID immunization clinics, dental clinics, education at public health events, and general office support.
The type of time commitment for volunteering includes:
- Participating in call-down drills, which require a volunteer to listen to a message on their telephone or read an email and press a number to respond. The number of drills varies by year.
- Volunteers can also pick additional opportunities, depending on how active you want to be. Chose to volunteer during times that work best for your schedule.
- Volunteers are also able to attend additional training and exercise drills.
The Scott County MRC provides volunteers in a variety of different disciplines with opportunities to donate their time and expertise. Individuals with health backgrounds are helpful, however, all individuals who live or work in Scott County are encouraged to join. We believe everyone has an important skill to offer. MRC volunteer opportunities exist in many areas:
- Healthcare professionals, such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists, medical assistants, veterinarians, EMTs, paramedics, etc.
- Public Health professionals, such as epidemiologists, health educators, public health nurses, environmental health professionals, etc.
- Mental Health professionals, such as social workers, counselors, psychologists, clergy, etc.
- Individuals with other skills, such as interpreters, chaplains, childcare providers, supply clerks, customer service, support staff, and IT professionals, etc.
- Retirees and students are also encouraged to join.