- Social Services
- Disability Services
- Apply for Case Management Services
Apply for Case Management Services
Applying for Case Management
If you are interested in applying for case management in the Developmental Disabilities Unit, please call MnCHOICES Intake at 952-496-8556.
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) Unit has Case Managers who specialize in resources for people of all ages*.
- Your initial request for case management services will begin with a MnCHOICES comprehensive assessment conducted by a Certified Assessor to determine eligibility for various Social Services programs and resources, along with a Rule 185 Case Management Determination process.
- You will also be required to complete county paperwork and provide documentation of the individual's disability. This information will be used in determining eligibility for the applicant. A Case Manager will be assigned if the applicant is found eligible for Rule 185 Case Management.
*The referral must be made by applicant or their legal representative. Assistance in making the referral may be offered, if needed.
- A copy of applicant’s social security card
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate
- A recent psychological evaluation showing diagnosis of intellectual disability - Including IQ and adaptive testing
- Medical diagnosis of a related condition (if applicable)
- All diagnoses and adaptive testing must be recent
- Most recent Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- Comprehensive 3 year assessment from school (if applicable)
If you have further questions, please call 952-496-8556.
Special Education Services
In addition to DD case management services, children may access special education services through their local school districts. Children from birth to 5 years of age can be referred through Help Me Grow at 952-496-5059 or 866-693-4769, or visit the Help Me Grow website.