CH 83 Reconstruction TH 169 to 4th Avenue
- Construction Year: 2022
- Communities Served: Shakopee and Prior Lake
- Corridor Served: County Highway 83
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Hoffman Construction
- Construction Start Date: 3/21/2022
Construction Notice Resources for County Highway 83
- Website: www.CR83construction.com
- Project email: email@example.com
- Help line: 952-392-9631
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CR83Construction/
- November 23, 2022: Construction is mostly complete and all lanes are open to traffic. In the spring 2023, final seeding, striping, and clean up work will occur.
- August 3, 2022: Weather permitting, County Highway (CH) 83 will reopen to traffic on Thursday morning, August 4. Please expect some delays as crews make this change. Once reopened, construction will begin on the east side of CR 83, and traffic will be shifted to the west side of the road (Learn about Stage 2 - PDF). During this time, access to Barenscheer Blvd. and Secretariat Dr. from CH 83 will be closed. Thank you for your patience during construction!
- July 12, 2022: Weather permitting, the Highway 169 westbound on-ramp and eastbound off ramp will be closed beginning July 12 for about one week. Traffic will utilize the ramps at County Highway 17 for detour around this area. This closure will be held in conjunction of the current road closure on County Highway 83 from 12th Ave to 4th Ave. This traffic is being detoured via County Highway 16, County Highway 17, and Highway 101. View Detour Map (PDF)
- April 14, 2022: Due to inclement weather, Stage 1 will no longer begin this week. Crews anticipate Stage 1 to begin the middle of next week, weather permitting. During this stage, the west side (southbound lanes) of County Highway 83 will be closed. Traffic will be shifted to the east side during this time. Please note that the Secretariat and Barenscheer accesses will also be closed during this stage.
- October 14, 2021: Bid Opening will be held on 11/09/2021. Find Bid Advertisement.
- September 21, 2021: Plans and activities are moving forward for the County to re-advertise for construction bidding later this calendar year for construction beginning spring 2022. In advance of the construction project, utility work was completed throughout 2021; this work wrapped up last week.
Purpose & Justification
The purpose of the project is to address existing operational and safety issues for existing conditions and future development as well to support economic development along the A-Minor Arterial corridor. CH 83 is one of few minor arterial roadways providing north/south continuity through the City of Shakopee and into Prior Lake. This north/south function is important for local traffic as well as regional traffic making connections between Trunk Highway (TH) 169 and other regional facilities such as CH 101, 16, 42 and 82.