Working for Scott County
At Scott County, our desired culture is one of trusting and caring, it is resident focused, and is a disciplined pursuit through empowered and encouraged innovation.
This delivers a customer experience that:
- Is solutions oriented – “How can we" vs. “We can’t”
- Provides clear, respectful communications and understanding
We position our pay grades competitively based on market conditions. We reward employees based on performance and skill-based pay systems. Compensation is more than a paycheck. We view compensation as a larger package - pay, benefits, incentives, work environment, pride/satisfaction and being part of something exciting.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided for all classified employees who work 20 hours per week or more. For detailed benefit information visit the Scott County Benefit Hub at https://scottcounty.benefithub.com/.
- Health Insurance - Four-tier plan option available
- Dental Insurance - Four-tier plan option available
- Life Insurance
- Flexible (Pre-Tax) Spending Accounts
- Post Retirement Health Care Savings Plan
- Long Term Disability
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- PERA (Public Employee's Retirement Association) Retirement Plans
- On-Site Occupational Health Nurse
- Active Safety and Wellness Teams, Committees, and Programs
Other Available Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- EyeMed Vision Insurance
- Credit Union Membership
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Minnesota Benefit Association Insurance
Scott County recognizes that continual education is necessary to maintain quality service and create promotional opportunities from within. Employee Relations provides several different training and development opportunities to foster employee growth potential.
Continuing Education and Personal Development
- Tuition reimbursement is available to assist permanent or probationary employees who are pursuing additional education
- Professional licensing fees may be reimbursed by the County if licensure is a necessary qualification for the performance of employee’s duties
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning: Self-paced, on-demand video tutorials for learning business, technical and creative skills
- Free access to Mango Languages: Learn over 60 languages and take more than 15 English courses for those who speak another language
- Convene webinars offer great learning and coaching opportunities to build skills across interpersonal effectiveness, stress management, and resiliency building
- Normandale Community College "Foundations in Supervision and Management" certificate series.
- Metropolitan State University "Lead Academy Supervision" certificate series.
Passes and Discounts
- Discounted Valleyfair and Renaissance Festival tickets from Scott County Employee Association (SCEA)
- 20-60% off theme parks, movies, hotels, shows, concerts, sporting events, and so much more from Tickets at Work
- Many cell phone providers offer a government discount
- Discounted UPS shipping: Ship your personal packages through the Scott County mail room with a 50%-60% discount
- MELSA Smart Passes: With a Scott County Library System card individuals can access free passes to a variety of events
- Microsoft Office Home Use Program: Employees can purchase one license of Microsoft Office for use on a personal device
- Dell Computer Purchase Program offers up to 30% discounts off select Windows PCs, tablets, Dell electronics and Accessories
- Lenovo Purchase Program offers a 45% discount on a variety of products including laptops, desktops, workstations, tablets, monitors, software, and accessories
- Dakotah! Sport & Fitness provides discounted membership rates for Scott County Employees
- The Shakopee Orangetheory offers Scott County employees a corporate rate
- Snap Fitness located 1282 Vierling Drive East in Shakopee provides a corporate discount program to all County employees for $30.00 per month
- In-house wellness and fitness activities through the Well-being program
Scott County Organizations
- The Scott County Employee Association (SCEA) is an employee group that hosts many charitable events each year including a food shelf fundraising drive, Adopt-a-Highway, school supply drive, and holiday giving tree
- Spirit of Scott is a staff recognition program. Staff can nominate co-workers for efforts that go “above and beyond"
- The Green Team is committed to increasing awareness of what it means to reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink how we can help create safe, healthy, and livable communities
- The CDA offers Counseling and Education services aimed to help you wherever you are on your path towards homeownership
Additional Benefits Provided by HealthPartners
- Discover fitness at your fingertips with Wellbeats! Access 600+ on-demand workouts, challenges, and fit tests with a team of friendly, certified virtual instructors coaching you every step of the way
- ASSIST AMERICA® Travel anywhere, worry-free Whether you’re traveling abroad or just out of town for the weekend, you can feel confident you’re in good hands when the unexpected happens