Tech Packs Program
Tech Packs for Job Seekers
Job hunting can be tough, but Scott County is here to help. We're partnering with Scott County Library to connect residents with the technology they need to safely apply for jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Supplies are limited. Read on to learn how you can take advantage of this opportunity.
What are Tech Packs?
Tech Packs are take-home technology lending kits equipped with Windows laptops and hotspots to provide internet access. Residents who have experienced economic impacts due to COVID-19 may apply to check out a Tech Pack from their library for 90 days to apply for jobs and more.
Who can check out a Tech Pack?
Tech Packs are limited to Scott County residents over the age of 18, who experienced one of the following due to COVID-19:
- Job loss, furlough, or layoff
- Reduction in work hours
- Difficulty seeking employment in industry impacted by COVID-19
- Delays in hiring processes
What can I do with a Tech Pack?
- Connect to the hotspot to browse the internet and apply for jobs online
- Use the laptop's camera to complete video interviews
- Create files in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and more
- Access job-seeking resources from Scott County Employment & Training
What's in the Tech Pack?
Each Tech Pack includes:
- Windows laptop & charger
- Wireless internet hotspot & charger
- Free job hunting resources folder from Employment & Training
How do I apply for a Tech Pack checkout? (Online or Paper)
- Apply Online: Library Booking Link
- Printable Paper Application: English (PDF) or Español (PDF) - Return to a Scott County Library for library staff to enter into the booking site
- You are welcome to visit a Library or the CareerForce Center to fill out the online application
- Library technology staff will review your submission. You will receive a phone confirmation regarding the status of your Tech Pack application.
- How-To Guide for Laptop & Hotspot: English (PDF) or Español (PDF)
- Tech Pack User Feedback Survey: English (PDF) or Español (PDF)
- Library Job & Career Online Resources (free with a library card - register for a card online)
- CareerForce Information (English, PDF)
- Scott County Economic Assistance Information (Somali, Spanish, English - PDF)
Supported by federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding to assist our community in COVID-19 economic recovery.