Inspections and Scheduling
Effective April 5, 2021, inspectors return to conducting inspections in person on-site within all building types.
On-site Visual Inspections
Inspection types related to the following construction activity will be in person on project site.
- New Construction
- Additions that can be accessed from the exterior
- Commercial New and Alteration/Repair
- Occupied and Unoccupied Residential Buildings
Scheduling an Image Inspection (Reroofing, Residing, Replacement Windows)
- Permit holder shall email digital image files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images shall be digital files only, with ability to zoom in without distortion. Website links, zip folders, and cloud storage will not be accepted.
- The permit number and project address shall be placed in the subject line of the email.
- Images shall include all required details in accordance with Digital Image Inspection Requirements. Any missing required images will result in a failed inspection.
- Image inspection notice will be by auto-email to the permit contact.
- Upon passed Reroofing Underlayment/Ice Barrier inspection, Final on-site inspection will be automatically scheduled
- ocumentCenter/View/13542/Digital-Image-Inspection-RequirementsUpon passed Re-Siding Weather Barrier inspection, Final on-site inspection will be automatically scheduled
- Upon passed Window Replacement Install Image inspection, permit holder shall schedule a will meet final inspection.
Scheduling On-site Visual Inspections
Commercial Buildings, Exterior, and Residential Unoccupied Buildings
- Permit holder or on-site contact shall schedule inspection by calling 952-496-8160
- On-site contact shall answer COVID-19 screening questions and provide contact name, phone number, and email address.
- Inspection will be scheduled.
- Prior to the inspection, the on-site contact shall prepare the site by opening any doors, cabinets, or enclosures related to the inspection.
- Inspector will meet on-site at scheduled date/time of inspection. On-site contact shall again answer COVID-19 screening questions and follow CDC guidelines for mitigating potential risk of spreading the Coronavirus.
- In addition, we ask that the amount of people within the area of inspection be limited to those involved in the inspection.
- We appreciate and thank everyone for their help in keeping the community safe. Digital Image Inspection Requirements