COVID-19 Community Resources
Community Resources (Updated August 2021)
Our community is here to help Scott County residents in need. Select from one of the tabs below to find resources from state and local organizations, including links to important applications. If you are a community nonprofit, business, or faith-based organization wishing to offering community assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 Info & Testing
- Addiction & Substance Abuse Recovery Support
- Child Care
- Donations & Volunteering
- Economic Assistance
- Food Access
- Healthcare & Mental Health
- Internet Access
COVID-19 Symptom Information Sources
- MDH COVID-19 Hotlines (Interpreters available)
- CDC Guide - What to Do if You Are Sick
- CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker (*Not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19)
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Scott County (Updated August 2021)
|Allina Health Shakopee|
1601 St. Francis Ave. Suite 100
|CVS Pharmacies - Shakopee||Hy-Vee Pharmacies (New Prague, Savage, Shakopee)|
|Parkview Medical Clinic New Prague|
1400 1st St. NE
|Ridgeview Belle Plaine Clinic|
165 Commerce Dr. W.
|Walgreens Drive-Thru Testing (New Prague, Savage, Shakopee)|
Find more testing sites on the Minnesota Dept. of Health Testing Site Search Page
Public Information Sources about COVID-19
- Governor Walz’s Official COVID-19 in Minnesota site
- MN Dept. of Health (MDH) Situation Update - Updated daily at 11:00am
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) - Situation Summary
Addiction & Substance Abuse Recovery Support (Updated August 2021)
Chemical health assessments/Rule 25 assessments may be provided virtually. To inquire about how to proceed with applying for and obtaining Rule 25 services, please call Chemical Dependency Services at 952-496-8358 or Scott County Central Intake at 952-496-8959.
Child Care Resources (Updated August 2021)
- MDH COVID Testing Info for Families
- MN.gov - Child Care for Critical Sectors
- MDH Summary of COVID-19 Guidance for Child Care Settings
- Scott County Licensed Family Child Care Association
- To apply for Child Care Assistance, use the MN DHS electronic application.
- Your company’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) may have other helpful resources.
- For more information or to speak with someone in Scott County Child Care Licensing, call 952-445-7751 and ask to speak with a child care licensing coverage worker.
Donation Opportunities (Updated August 2021)
- Scott-Carver-Dakota CAP Agency: Accepting monetary or in-kind donations to support area residents.
- Scott County Food Shelf Donations List: Local food shelves operating in Scott County, their needs, and donation instructions. Calling ahead is recommended.
Volunteer Opportunities with Scott Volunteers
Scott County is coordinating with partners county-wide to help residents safely support each other and ensure needs are met. We seek volunteers willing to do the following:
- Make phone calls to isolated residents.
- Drive food from food shelves to families, or help at food shelves to package food.
- Shop for and deliver groceries to residents with transportation needs.
More opportunities are posted at www.scottvolunteers.com. Sign up and choose areas where you’d like to help. Our Volunteer Coordinator will match you to requests that come to the County, or with requests from cities and areas throughout the County.
Employment Resources (Updated August 2021)
- Scott County Tech Packs: If you need consistent access to a computer and WiFi to apply for jobs, you may request a Tech Pack through your local Scott County Library for a 90-day checkout.
- Scott County Employment & Training: Get in touch for CareerForce services.
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance: Portal for applying for unemployment insurance benefits.
- Scott County Veteran’s Services: Available at (952) 496-8176, Monday through Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM.
WIC, SNAP, & Food Services (Updated August 2021)
- CAP Agency Senior Nutrition: Food access and meal delivery available to any adult over the age of 60, regardless of income. A $5 donation per meal is suggested, but not required. No senior is denied meal service.
- CAP Agency WIC (Women, Infants, & Children): Apply for WIC benefits for caregivers and children ages 0-5
Free Food Distribution Locations
Healthcare & Mental Health Care Resources (Updated August 2021)
*For specific information about COVID-19 testing, check the "COVID-19 Info & Testing" tab
- Children's Dental Services: Provides comprehensive dental care Monday-Saturday for patients of all ages. Most locations in Minneapolis but services are available throughout the Metro area. Call 612-746-1530 or 866-543-6009 to connect.
Health Insurance Coverage
- MNSure Coverage: Apply for family healthcare coverage.
Mental Health & Family Wellness
- Family Resource Centers: Get one-on-one navigation assistance from Scott County professionals at the Shakopee Library, the River Valley YMCA, or the Jordan Food Shelf.
- Mental Health Resources Info Sheet: Contact information for select mental health providers in Scott County.
- Together We CAN Facebook Page: Follow for updates on County family services, including Family Resource Center events.
- Together We CAN Info Sheet: Contact information for local organizations and County resources that help prevent child abuse and neglect.
Get Immediate Care
Help for Homeowners & Renters (Updated August 2021)
- Scott County CDA: Provides foreclosure counseling to homeowners struggling with mortgages.
- Rent Help MN: A statewide program to help Minnesotans who have fallen behind on rent or fear this could happen. See if you qualify at the link or call 211, applications are still being accepted. Also details information about the status of the State of Minnesota's Eviction Moratorium, which ended June 30, 2021.
- Scott Carver Dakota CAP Agency: For those currently experiencing homelessness, or need to discuss resources to retain your current housing.
- Beacon Families Moving Forward: For families with children under 18 who need shelter immediately
- Youth Services Network: For transitional-aged adult (over 18) and youth-specific homeless-dedicated & housing resources.
CARES Funding for Qualifying Renters & Homeowners
Update 4/20/21: HousingLink has added a form for tenants and their attorneys to request documentation that their landlords were paid rental assistance through the Hennepin, Dakota, and Scott County Rental Property Support Programs. If you need to receive this verification, please click here to submit your request.
COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
The COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program is closed as of 4/20/21. All processing is complete and no requests for assistance can be submitted to this program. If you have questions about your application, please contact your local administrator. If you don’t know who your local administrator is, please email email@example.com and staff can connect you with your administrator.
Internet Access (Updated August 2021)
- Scott County Library Locations & Hours: Use free public WiFi in any Scott County Library.
Transportation - SmartLink/TransitLink (Updated August 2021)
- Door to Door bus service is still operating. At this time, there is availability on the buses.
- SmartLink/TransitLink will also do pick-ups and deliveries of food and goods if available. Visit the Smartlink/TransitLink page for information about engaging this service.