- Construction Year: 2021
- Community: City of Savage
- Corridor Served: CSAH 42
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Bituminous Roadways
- Start Date: June 14, 2021
Project Updates (Updated 10/20/21)
- Friday, September 17, 2021: Final striping will be finished tonight in the corridor. The final step on the project is adding some new signs to the corridor which will occur 9/22, due to the size of the signs traffic on 42 will be one lane in each direction one last time on this project.
This project encompasses the Eastern most 2-mile section of CSAH 42, from Louisiana Avenue to the border of Dakota County, in the City of Savage. This section of CSAH 42 was last overlaid with various projects from 2008 to 2011. This section sees the highest traffic volume in Scott County.
Work includes a 4 inch mill and overlay, turn lane modifications, storm sewer structure repair, sealcoating, ADA retrofits, sign replacements, and City of Savage utility repair.
Purpose & Justification
Annually. Scott County reviews its roadways and determines priority for pavement preservation. Keeping pavements in good repair and preserving the significant investment in the County's highway system is a high priority. Each corridor is evaluated for factors affecting the pavement to determine the most cost effective approach to pavement rehabilitation. As a part of our comprehensive maintenance approach, these pavement projects also include American Disabilities Act (ADA) trail ramp retrofits, and sign and post replacement work to bring these roadway features up to current standards. Sealcoating is included for each project.