- About SCL
- Pay Charges & Fees
Pay Charges & Fees
What does Scott County Library charge for?
- Daily Overdue Late Fines - No More! As March 1, 2022, Scott County Library no longer charges daily late fines for overdue materials. Customers are still responsible for late fines and balances incurred before 2022.
- Replacement Costs: Customers are responsible for the replacement costs of unreturned or lost items. An item is considered unreturned 21 days after its due date.
- Printing & Copying: All libraries will resume charging for prints and copies in 2023. The cost will be 10 cents per side for Black & White pages, and 50 cents per side for Color pages.
What can I use if my account is blocked?
Customers with more than $25 in charges on their account are limited to only using in-library services (programs, computers, WiFi, meeting rooms) and borrowing from the eLibrary. An item is considered unreturned 21 days after its due date.
Library fees can be paid in person with cash or check, or online with a credit card:
- Cash or Check: Please visit your SCL location to pay in person with cash or check.
- Credit or Debit Card (Online or App Only): We offer a convenient, secure online option to process credit and debit card transactions through our Catalog & My Account site or our mobile app (see below). Click the "My Account" button and use your library card number and PIN to sign in.
- Mobile App: Download our app "Scott Lib MN" from your app store to manage your library account from your phone. Sign in with your library card number and PIN to take advantage of the same secure payment option we offer through the catalog.
For security reasons, credit card payments can only be taken online. To protect your privacy, credit card payment are not accepted over the phone and library staff are not allowed to enter credit card information.
What to Know about Paying Online
You have the option to pay library charges of $1.00 or more online with your credit or debit card.
- Partial Payments Accepted: You can pay in full or partial payments, but payment must be at least $1.00. Payments will be applied to the oldest charges first. You can’t pay more than you owe.
- No Convenience Fees: You will not be charged any additional fees for paying with your credit card.
- Secure Transactions: To protect your information, we use a separate website with an encryption certificate. Your credit card information is not stored on Library servers.
- Payments made through our Catalog & My Account page or our Mobile App will appear as "PP*Scott County Library 952-4968010 MN" on your statement.