The Scott County Safety Communications Group (SAFCOM) is a voluntary unit of the Sheriff’s Office within the Division of Emergency Management. Under the direction and control of the Scott County Emergency Management Director, the SAFCOM member’s primary mission is to provide weather spotting.
To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be in good basic health
- Be able to get along with fellow members
- Be willing to follow the rules established for the SAFCOM group
- Submit to a background check to verify no criminal conduct
- Have a valid driver’s license
Training & Classes
The Scott County Emergency Management Division conducts SAFCOM training and classes that include, but are not limited to, weather spotting procedures, defensive driving, radio procedures training, and training in other areas of emergency work as needed. An active member shall be one who volunteers his/her services to Emergency Management activities, including training.
If interested, please contact Emergency Management Director Scott Haas.