The Scott County Sheriff’s Communications Division is the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the approximate 152,000 residents of Scott County, as well as the many visitors and commuters traveling throughout the County. The Communications Division is staffed 24/7.
The primary duties of a dispatcher include:
- Answer all 911 phone calls
- Answer all non - emergency phone calls
- Dispatch Police, Fire and EMS for Scott County:
- Scott County Sheriff's Deputies
- 8 Police Departments
- 8 Fire Departments
- 5 Ambulance Services (EMS)
- Dispatch Fire and EMS for portions of LeSueur, Rice and Sibley Counties
- Activate the Scott County Warning System
- Use a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system to collect necessary information to be dispatched to responding units.