DutiesThe Sheriff’s Civil Process Unit provides the service of all legal process (papers) received from individuals, private attorneys, the court and other county agencies. Common documents we serve, include:
- Child custody documents
- Conciliation Court Summons and Judgments
- Dissolution of Marriage Summons and Petition
- Domestic Abuse Order for Protection (OFP)
- Eviction documents
- Harassment Restraining Order (HRO)
- Notice of Mortgage Foreclosure Sale
- Order to Show Cause
All processes are only accepted during business office hours. Cash, check, and credit/debit card payments are accepted.
Legal AdviceThe Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit may not give legal advice. Questions of a legal nature should be referred to an attorney. Additional help may also be obtained via the Minnesota Judicial Branch Self-Help Center website or your local law library.
The information contained on these web pages shall not be construed as legal advice.