Legal SCENE Articles
Review current and past articles about the Attorney's Office in the Scott County SCENE publication.Link to page
Attorney Helpful Links
Review a list of helpful resources from the County Attorney's office.Link to page
Review the online forms available through the Attorney's Office.Link to page
- How do I participate in the Worthless Check program?
If all three of these three criteria are satisfied, contact the Scott County Attorney's Office and submit the required documentation to participate in the program.
- The business must be in Scott County.
- The check must be for amounts between $20 and $2,000.
- The check must be NSF, Account Closed, and Refer to Maker.
- How can I get copies of a police report (discovery request)?
You may request copies of police reports in person at the County Attorney's Office, or you may request these documents online.
- Can I report a crime to the County Attorney's Office?
The Scott County Attorney's Office does not investigate crimes. To report a crime, you need to contact a law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over the offense. This is usually the local police department or Sheriff's Office, but it can also be a Federal agency like the FBI, DEA, or IRS.