Customer Service is located on the first floor in the Government Center East building. The nearest entrance door to our office is located on 5th Avenue between Holmes and Fuller Streets. You also have the option to enter from Atwood Street or 4th Avenue but please be aware that using the 4th Avenue entrance will require you to use the elevator or walk up a flight of stairs to get to our level. The 5th Avenue and Atwood Street entrance come in on the same floor as our office.
All driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to pre-book an appointment for service before visiting the Government Center. Driver's licenses, ID cards and instruction permits can be renewed, replaced, updated, upgraded and first-time applications submitted at our location.
Walk-in service is available for other transactions such as:
- Title transfers
- Disability certificates,
- Duplicate titles,
- Marriage license applications
- Birth, death, and marriage certificates
- Additional deputy registrar services.
When you arrive at our office, feel free to scan the standby QR Code located on the entry sign and add yourself to the list. Then just have a seat in our lobby! Need assistance? Please stop at the first window on the left and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed.
When we have reached capacity, you will be given the option to:
- Wait outside the building, monitor the line and when a spot opens add your name to the list. Come back in and have a seat
- Leave your paperwork in our drop box
- Come back at another time
Our walk-in service line closes at 4:00.
The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure all of your transactions have a phone number on them. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
Customer Service Licenses and Permits
|Standard DL/ID/IP Renewal||Information||Pre-Apply||Appointment|
|Real ID Compliant DL/ID/IP||Information||Pre-Apply||Appointment|
|First Time ID/DL/IP||Information||Pre-Apply||Appointment|
- Registration Renewal (Tabs)
- Duplicate Stickers
- Duplicate Plates
- Remove a Lien to a Vehicle Title
- Add a Lien from a Vehicle Title
- MN Title Transfers
- Duplicate Titles
- Out of State Title Transfers
- New MN Registration
- Disability Parking Applications
- DNR Ownership Transfers
- DNR Renewal of Registration @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>